In 2018, the 80th anniversary of the Battle of the Ebro conmmemorates one of the
Most relevant historical events that have taken place in Terres de l’Ebre during the
past 20th century.
This bloody and tragic episode, together with the entire Spanish Civil War, marked a turning point in our territory.
The Battle of the Ebro is the greatest exponent of this struggle and many populations and our
ancestors became witnesses of the tragedy of both sides and in
protagonists of a suffering that did not end in any way with the hostilities.
Of the Battle of the Ebro, much has been said, and still, there is much to be said. With this
intention, we have set up the congress «80 years of the Battle of
For this reason, we want to provide a space for knowledge and debate, where historical aspects
that have been explained already by detail are not repeated, but generate a close, proven and
more innovative vision when it comes to explaining the facts.
The format of the congress will combine presentations with communications.
There will be also guided explanatory tours throughout the significant spaces.
- Improve knowledge about the Battle of the Ebro and its historical and social context.
- Spread the event of the Battle of the Ebro among the new generations.
- Introduce new aspects of historical investigation of the Battle.
- Divulge and value the historical heritage that we have in the Terres de l’Ebre.
- State and international political context.
- War aspects.
- Local life in the war front and refugees.
- Literature, film and press and other publicity elements of the Battle of
Academic inscriptions and recognitions
The second circular will include the registration form and the corresponding fees. There will
be a discount for the congressmen who present communications.
The recognition of the activity is being processed by the Plan Formación Zona of the
Department of Education. The validation of free choice credits is also being negociated with UNED
(this validation must be handled directly at the UNED,
in accordance with the criteria established by the university).
Presentation of communications
Those people who want to present a communication related to
any of the topics covered must send a summary to the Secretariat
of the Congress before April 14.
This summary must meet the following requirements:
- Be presented by computer support, in a document made with Microsoft Word or compatible.
The document must have the name and the first surname of the author.
- Have a clarifying title of the subject to be treated.
- Give in 350 words, a general overview of the different aspects
planned to deal with in the communication.
- Include at the end, the full name of the author, indicating address, phone number and e-mail adress.
Next, add a brief resume of five lines maximum and specify if he/she belongs to any entity.
Once the Scientific Committee has given the plea to the communication project, the Secretariat will inform the author, who will have to submit the complete text communication before September 1st.
The formal aspects of the final text will be indicated when the acceptance of the communication is confirmed.
- Dolors Bel Guerrero
- Pere Ferré Panisello
- Teresa Ferré Panisello
- Josep Antoni Garcia León
- Joan Lluís Guasch Gibergas
- Albert Hernández Talavera
- Joan Carles Lleixà Caballé
- Marc March Mayo
- Màrius Pont Fandos
- Roc Salvadó Poy
Scientific committee (provisional)
- Josep Sánchez Cervelló.
- Roc Salvadó Poy.
- Jaume Claret Miranda.
- Rosa Montlleó.Agusti Colomines.
- Marc March.
- Pedro Rújula.
- Paul Preston.
- Josep M. Solé i Sabaté.
- Maria Manuela Tavares Ribeiro.